Monday, March 22, 2010

First Tri in the books!!!








Yesterday was a lot of fun. I was not as nervous as I expected. Maybe because the swim and bike were timed and you were not actually racing each other. I felt good in the swim. I shared a lane with a female triathlon coach, who used to swim at U of W. I thought maybe I would try and keep up with her pace, but she took off right out of the gate. I think she lapped me twice, but I think I still met my goal of at least 800 meters in 15min. The bike time started as soon as the swim was up. My transition was pretty quick. I felt like I was riding downhill on my trainer. They had the front wheel propped up on a couple of kick boards. I think I needed one more. Half way through my bike, I had a Hammer Gel, which I felt when I got into the run. Either it was the gel or I drank a little to much water. My upper abs started to cramp up as soon as I started the run. Other than that, I felt pretty good. I am looking forward to the sprint in April and in May.





I tried to upload some swim footage, but for some reason it wont work.

No comments:

Post a Comment