Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tune up race before Boise

I second Andy's findings of the new heat wave in South Florida. The humidity makes you feel like you just started your training program. IT SUCKS! At least Boise won't be crazy hot. Let's just hope that it warms up a little bit. Last I checked, it's been in the 30's each morning. It's going to be one coooooold swim!

We all knew Baby Teagin was on her way, but now that she's here, this trip is going to be even more great. It's a good age for her to not understand that her daddy got his ass kicked. One day her Uncle Nick can explain to her, but until then we will just make her feel like everyone is a 'winner,' daddy included.

This weekend is the Florida International Triathlon at Siesta Key. The final race before Boise. It should be a lot of fun, and a great race to fine tune fueling and hydrating. Which has always been a challenge for me. Of course living on the Sun, (AKA, Florida) doens't make it easy. Have I mentioned it's starting to get hot here? My fat ass doesn't do well in the humidity.

Nicole and I are excited to see everyone. It's great to get the family together revolving around health and fitness. Get ready to get inspired. These events will motivate you and humble you at the same time. And, what a great environment for Kyler and Kaylei (Teagin too but don't think she will be doing much but pooping and eating) to be around. Let's enjoy this time together and not let the tradition die. Stay focused and get ready, cause our swim wave is not far off!

Noel: Congrats! Now, pass Baby T off to Colby and get on it! What are you really good for right now anyway? Let's be honest. Of course always do what Colby says though. Oh yeah, and RECOVER that knee!!

Alan: Get your ass out of the RV and get on it! Great job at Elma by the way.

Andy: Put the laptop down and the hookers down. They can wait.

(I guess you guys could tell me to get my ass off my iPad and start training.)

Can't wait to see you guys. I may get my ass kicked but as long as I am prepared and cross the finish line with my brothers, I am happy.

Take care.

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment